What is SAT ?
The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and- paper test created and administered by the College Board. It is mostly taken by students who wish to apply for Under-graduation program in the United States. It is accepted by more than 800 colleges all over the globe including 50+ prestigious colleges.
If you are interested in studying an undergraduate course in the United States of America, you most definitely take the SAT exam very seriously. The SAT exam is one of the most acknowledged and well-renowned exams that let students from all over the world pursue an undergraduate degree in the United States of America. So, starting your sat coaching classes in Pune is the most decisive plan to chase your goals. In such a coaching regime, you will understand the basics and advanced segments of the exam professionally.
If you choose the best sat coaching in Pune, you will most certainly have the edge over all the other competitors who are appearing for the same exam and thus, have a higher chance of getting into a reputed college in the USA.
- Age limit: There are no age limits to this exam, and thus, anyone who is willing to pursue an undergraduate degree in the USA can take this exam. Sat exam classes in Pune are known to prep up students by large and ensure that they can sit for the exam.
- Education: A candidate need not have a prior degree or any remarkable educational career for appearing in this exam. This is as per the rules set by the College Board that accounts for the SAT exam.
- Skills: A candidate need not be highly skilled in any particular field to appear for the SAT exam. However, Reading skills, Writing Skills, and Mathematical skills are highly emphasized in the exam. According to the College Board, they test the skills which students have learned in their schools and are required for the “academic success” of the students in college. and thus, you are recommended to opt for a sat coaching Pune.
There are Mainly 2 Sections on the SAT
The “Evidence-Based Reading and Writing” Section and the Math Section. These sections are explained below.
1. "Evidence-Based Reading and Writing"
This is the first section of the SAT. It tests the candidates English skills through Reading and Writing.
The Reading Section and the writing section is usually the more “challenging” section due to its time-constraints.
- It consists of 52 questions which are to be solved in 65 minutes.
- You’ll get passages from World Literature; History; Science or Social Science.
- Each passage, or set of paired passages combined, will have about 500 to 750 words. As mentioned above, one or two of them will also feature a graph, table, or chart related to the content of the passage.
- The passage subjects will consist of one passage on a career-related topic and one
- Passage each in the humanities, history/social studies, and science.
- Total number of passages will be 4.
- The length of each passage will be 400 to 450 words, totaling it to 1,700 words.
- The total time for the section is 35 minutes on average which may be slightly under a minute per question.
The Math Section has two parts, “Calculator” and “No Calculator”. The topics on the Math Section consist of:
- Heart of Algebra (19 Questions)
- Problem Solving and Data Analysis (17 Questions)
- Passport to Advanced Math (16 Questions)
- Additional Topics in Math (6 Questions)
- Contribution of Questions to Cross-Test Scores
The Optional Essay
The SAT Essay consists of one passage between 650-750 words that you will read and then analyze. The purpose of the new SAT Essay is to assess your ability of the test-taker to analyze an author’s argument.
To write a strong essay, you will need to focus on how the author uses evidence, reasoning, and other rhetorical techniques to build an argument and make it convincing.
The SAT Essay is a 50minute Section (Reading Passage + Writing Essay)
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF THE SAT EXAM?
The SAT exam is very highly renowned in most of the universities and colleges in the USA. Thus, candidates are recommended to join sat coaching in Pune to have the edge over other students. The exam is a measure that checks the candidate’s capabilities and ensures whether or not they are fit to join the undergraduate courses in their country. So, join the sat classes in Pune today to start your preparation.
Benefits Of SAT
SAT is standardized test which is used to check high school student’s “readiness for college“. Many schools give impressive scholarship for great SAT scores.
How to apply
You can register online on the College Board Website or by mail using the form in the Student Registration Booklet for the SAT and/or SAT Subject Tests.
Interested in SAT Prep?